The Programmers Oath by Uncle Bob
In order to defend and preserve the honor of the profession of computer programmers,
I Promise that, to the best of my ability and judgement:
- I will not produce harmful code.
- The code that I produce will always be my best work. I will not knowingly allow code that is defective either in behavior or structure to accumulate.
- I will produce, with each release, a quick, sure, and repeatable proof that every element of the code works as it should.
- I will make frequent, small, releases so that I do not impede the progress of others.
- I will fearlessly and relentlessly improve my creations at every opportunity. I will never degrade them.
- I will do all that I can to keep the productivity of myself, and others, as high as possible. I will do nothing that decreases that productivity.
- I will continuously ensure that others can cover for me, and that I can cover for them.
- I will produce estimates that are honest both in magnitude and precision. I will not make promises without certainty.
- I will never stop learning and improving my craft.